Monday, August 26, 2013

Chaos, Craziness & Homeless



In a whirlwind of unplanned events my husband accepted a new pastorate across the country in Minot, ND.  We went from living in a 5 bedroom, 4 bath,  2860 sq ft on 2.5 acres in the hot desert of New Mexico, to living in an 800 sq ft rental apartment with only 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.  What an adventure! Through it all I must say watching my children adjust (the four that are still home) was amazing.  The girls, Anah 14, and Faith 9, took to sharing a room, and a bed, better than I thought they would. The eldest still living at home, Jeremy 20, found a job and got to work, our youngest son, Charlie 11, although a bit bored at times,  never complained.  After 4 months of cramped living we finally found a home that worked for us. We placed our month notice with the landlord, and prepared to start really living in our new community. A few days before we moved out of the apartment the deal on the new house fell through.

With no other place to go we moved into the church and quickly began looking for another home.  While browsing the internet for homes, my husband Bob found a for "sale by owner" that we called on and went to look at it. For me it was love at first sight. It was more than we had wanted to spend, and smaller by far than the previous house that fell through, but the neighborhood was/is perfect, located not to far from the church and close to parks, the zoo and good schools. We put in an offer and after 3 agonizing days, made a deal.

So this is our new beginning. We are still living in the church. Waiting on the close of our home in New Mexico. I have become a house stalker. Driving by our new home day and night, and dreaming of the day when we can finally move in and make it a home.  Much of the furniture we brought with us will not work here. So it's most all for sale. Any takers? I am replacing them with found items and things I rework from thrift stores and curb side tosses.  I am starting this blog as I hopefully learn to live a more simpler life. One of the things I learned from living in the apartment with the kids is that we don't need as much "stuff" as we brought with us. I am looking forward to getting rid of much of it.

I will be posting before and after pictures of things I find and redo. Pictures of the house, gardens, the kids, meals and life on the far northern plains of North Dakota. For you fellow believers, I will also share tidbits of my spiritual journey.  I look forward to experiencing the different seasons here, and especially looking forward to fall! Here are a few pictures of our new home!  They are still remodeling it so it won't actually be finished for a couple more weeks. I can't wait to move in!





Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment